Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 13 April 2014

Lynford Arboretum

An early start saw me at Lynford Arboretum by 8.30 on Saturday morning, in search of Two-barred Crossbill and Hawfinch. There were lots of Common Crossbill in many flocks. Only problem I had was to crane my neck up a good 50 feet to the trees they were in to try and spot the Two-barred variety. Made more difficult with so many flighty birds. But luck was on my side as I spotted this female (below). The defining distinction is the two white stripes across the wings.
I did briefly see a Hawfinch on the ground in its usual area but was only there long enough for me to see through the binoculars. Still two lifers in a day is not a bad return for a 3am start and 270 miles.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.