Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 26 February 2015

Willow Tit (not Tit Willow)

A few weeks ago I shared a post on Marsh Tits in Norfolk. This week I have the Willow Tit which is pretty darn difficult to separate in terms of looks. In fact it looks almost identical.
The Willow Tit has a larger bib (that bit under the bill). Whole white cheeks and a nice buff brown colour on the sides.
Pennington Flash came up trumps for me once again for this bird in Manchester. Usually very difficult to photograph due to its speed around the branches, I got lucky with this one.






19 comments:

  1. Great shots of a very sweet bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable little and fluffy bird !
    Wondeful photos.
    Greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that I bet that bird is hard to caught in a photo. Very pretty colors.

    www.islikely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shots of this tiny bird. Have a great weekend Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Adam, it is an adorable bird.. Similar to our chickadee. Great captures. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. truly beautiful coloration! what an adorable bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely captures of the cute little tit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So tiny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those photos are just stunning, what a handsome chap #animaltales

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos! :) #animaltales.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness he really put on a show for you didn't he. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photographs, what kit are you using? #AnimalTales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian/ I use a Nikon D5100, and a NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED Lens with a 1.4 x teleconverter. I'd like a better camera, but I'm trying to save up. Can't beat sunlight though to help get those nice sharp images. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Adam - I must look into buying a new lens #AnimalTales

      Delete
  13. These pictures are just incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous photos. I know I have seen one of these but I have no idea which one!
    Many thanks for joining in with #AnimalTales and some of our feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think image no 3 is a perfect portrtrait of the tit. The light. it´s posture and colors is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.